May 1, 2008

ROCK MUSIC

My cousin Sulan and I are of the opinion that one needs a higher level of understanding and intelligence to appreciate rock music. I believe the same for hip hop also; I would have to get her input on that genre another time. Our grandmother thinks that we are devil worshippers because we played 'Chop Suey' by System Of A Down repeatedly. And Sulan is a huge Rob Zombie fan. "Living Dead Girl" anyone?

We were raised to have free will. So even though we're from the land of Reggae, we never hid the fact that rock music is so fucking awesome and that you suck if you don't like at least one rock song! We are hardcore so grandma can think and say whatever. We still played Chop Suey every night annoying the neighbours and we played it loud. (I now apologize for your sleepless nights Maxine, NOT!!) I will do it again, even though I am older and know better. ROCK ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment