Aug 17, 2008

WEDDING BELLES & HOMOSEXUALITY

Ellen DeGeneres: "I can't wait to be married. I feel like it is long overdue. And I think someday people will look back on this like women not having the right to vote and segregation and anything else that seems ridiculous like we all don't have the same rights."

Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi have tied the knot on August 16, 2008! When I heard the news on Thursday, I believe, that they were going to wed in an intimate ceremony I was so ecstatic. For me Ellen is one of the few coolest Hollywood celebrities because of the fun, zany and just plain oddball things she says and does on her talk show and comedic routines. I applaud her endeavours. WTF! She and the millions of American gays deserve equal rights too.

So America, why not make gay marriage legal in every state? Aren't you guys "the land of the free and the home of the brave"? Now I can't throw stones because I live in a glass house. Jamaica does not support anything homosexual. Gay club or community in Jamaica? FORGET ABOUT IT! Even Mexico has numerous gay clubs and they aren't harassed; even though in the world's eyes they are an extremely "macho" society.

I'm waiting for the change to come when we can all truly enjoy equal rights and opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment