Jan 1, 2009

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS

Yesterday evening I was conversing with a friend of mine, someone that I love dearly. I asked her the very cliche question that comes out of most everyone´s lips towards the beginning of a new year, "Have you made any New Year's resolutions?"; to my surprise, she replied: "If you wanna change something, don't wait until the new year". Mind you I was drinking beer and tequila at the same time, but I was well aware enough to realize that was an intelligent answer, one that makes a whole lot of sense. Think about it, people continue or start a habit that they don't like, but won't make any steps towards ending it because they can simply justify it by saying, "You know what, I should definitely quit smoking, it will be one of my New Year's resolution". It will be a New Year's resolution even though it was said in the month of March hahaha. I'm not bashing smokers or anything, I just chose a common habit that most people can relate to. Almost everyone knows a smoker (tobacco, weed, random herbs, among others).

I salute my friend for making such a realization, she truly was the inspiration for this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment