Jan 4, 2011

A DRY 2011

Happy New Year to one and all!!

I can tell that this will be one of my dryest years in Mexico - I'm referring to my alcohol intake my dear friends and visitors.

I can't predict the future but it is quite possible that in my case, the behaviour for the last week of 2010 will be similar to that of the first part of 2011. I didn't drink a sip of alcohol on Christmas Day (and I like beer dammit), I only had two beers and a Skyy Vodka cosmo on New Year's Eve and three beers on New Year's Day, and that for me my fellow sippers, is taking it easy.

I could have easily gotten tipsy on the 31st and 1st, but I chose not to. "Evita el exceso" is what they put on the bottom of many Mexican advertisement. My grandma would say: "too much of one thing is striking good for nothing". I think it's pretty accurate translation of that Spanish quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment