Aug 16, 2008

FIRST WORLD IN OUR HEARTS

Click on the post's title to see CVM TV's promo video for the 2008 Olympics "The Moment" by Wayne Marshall






Jamaica might not be a first world country but we sure feel and act like it. We don't think much of challenges, except to overcome them. Thanks to folks like Bob Marley and Usain Bolt, Jamaica's name keeps rolling off the tongues of many. August 16, 2008 is a great day for me because I got to see a fellow Jamaican making his mark in 21st Century history. I woke up early enough to see the great race of men. This was my Olympic highlight. I hope that our female athlethes will also make history. Hey Sanya Richards even though you are wearing the American colours I'll still claim your success as our own because myself and other Jamaicans still support your endeavours.


Big ups to equestrian Samantha Albert. When I told a Jamaican native living in Cambridge, MA that we did well in the equestrian event, her reply was "we deh ride horse?" I had to laugh at her surprise, then begin explaining that Jamaicans and horses are peas in a pod. Caymanas Track anyone? Talk about the many betting shops people "live" at when they can't make it to the live races. I myself have bet a few times because of a tip. I won once. Years ago my dad took me to the stable near Caymanas Track and showed me a horse he owned.

Kudos to our swimmers for their efforts. 2012 we'll give our competitors the Michael Phelps treatment.

Shout out to the people in Mexico who have congratulated me on our performance: Zao, Alely, Gabriela, Johan, Yazmin. It was well appreciated ladies :-)



JAMAICA TO DI WORLD!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment