Aug 7, 2006

LOST ART OF PERSONALLY WRITING A LETTER YET INTRIGUED BY ONLINE CONVERSATIONS

Who really knows me can tell that I am one of the biggest and corniest nerds around, and I am proud of it godammit. Which leads to the title of this here entry. I get really excited when I talk to my friends online. Blessings to the computer age. Without online conversations how am I gonna know what is going on with my lazy ass family and friends who can't be bothered to send a snail mail, not even a fletching birthday card. It was made for people like them to keep in touch with people like me (who are willing to correspond via snail mail).

So yeah, the generation born 1990 and after take shit for granted cuz they don't have any idea of signing up for penpals and having to wait at least a month or two to get a darn reply. I am from Jamaica and I had friends from as far as Ireland, I sometimes forgot what I asked in the darn letters, lol. I am a Gen Yer by the way. (U know, from the Spice Girls and Vanilla Ice age. What Pussycat Dolls and Eminem are to you youngins)

Anyways, I like to write my little letters, send post cards, etc. I am very proud of legible penmanship (thanks Vaz Preparatory School). Don't allow the intimate art of handwriting to die.

1 comment:

  1. Smiles...
    Oh to receive an actual written letter, via snail mail.
    To be pleasantly surprised
    To read every word, even the address
    To anticipate a response; to count the days in between...
    Oh to receive an actual written letter other than receiving a bill or some printed junk mail...
    I feel your pain gal!

    ReplyDelete